Translate

Thursday 2 January 2014

Lunch break!

For the first time in a long while I had a lunch break today, as toddler-daughter (TD) has spent the day with both her grandparents and not in the office nursery.

Usually I'm trying to save time by starting earlier and shortening my lunch-break so I can leave early to pick up TD and give us a head start on the rush hour buses and evening routine of tea, play, bath, bottle, bed before we repeat the process tomorrow. 

But today I have to stay until 5 pm, so I had a leisurely start (okay, an extra 10 minutes) and time to straighten my hair AND apply a little BB cream this morning, and as TD is being swapped over by grandparents this afternoon, I don't have the guilt of needing to relieve one set after eight hours with an energetic toddler.

As I work in an office in the city centre, this meant I could: pop into Fat Face to try to pick up an order that has been circulating for a week (not in, will have to try again tomorrow and seriously reconsider shopping there), call into M&S for a birthday present, milk and sweet & salty popcorn, and browse Sale window displays.

But because I'm a Mummy I did all this in 40 minutes and came back to my desk early!

However, I did swap my normal tea for a milky choco-latte in the staff room, just because I could. 



No comments:

Post a Comment