Translate

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Breakfast with Mummy

Introduced toddler-daughter to French Toast (Eggy Bread, Barb!) this morning, and I think she was impressed. Well, as impressed as she can be with food at the moment; a molar is claiming priority over eating.   She has just gone for her nap, which means I should use the time to take the tree down, but I'm making the most of my last day off with a cup of tea, before I return to the office tomorrow.

I can't complain, we've had a great sleep pattern for the last fortnight after a continual bout of coughing/running nose that we've had since she began nursery in September, and this Christmas TD has slept around twelve hours at night, with a good one-two hour nap during the day. She emulates a bear with her winter hibernation and thankfully inherited my sleep habits - her Dad enjoys six-seven hours a night, whereas I need about eight to nine  hours to be functional, plus an additional hour upon waking for my mind to catch up with my body. 

No such luxury tomorrow, however as we face our shock to the cozy Christmas routine, with awful weather and a seven am start for us all.   Will need my fair share of tea and biscuits (bourbons, please) to survive the twelve hours between awake and asleep.






No comments:

Post a Comment